- Our Privacy Pledge
Showbie Inc. and Showbie US Inc. (“Showbie”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and Personal Information while you use our Service or Products.
In this Policy “Personal Information” means personal information about an identifiable individual and information which can be used to identify an individual.
By using our Service and supplying information to us on Quiz Shop, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information by us for the purpose of providing Service or Products in accordance with: (a) this Policy, (b) any other agreement you may have entered into with us, including but not limited to any terms and conditions and policies that you may have agreed to for the purpose of creating a Showbie or Socrative account, and (c) applicable laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to ensure that we are kept informed of the correct and current contact information for you.
- Collection of User Information
Showbie may collect Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Tracking Product downloads: Showbie will keep track of downloads and access history made through the Quiz Shop, which will be connected to the User’s Showbie or Socrative account.
- Reviews and feedback: If the User chooses to leave a public review on a Product, Showbie will collect the User’s first and last names, email address, and job title/role; which, with the exception of email address, will be displayed publicly with the review. Users can also choose to provide feedback that will not be published; however, Showbie will still collect the User’s first and last names and email address so that Showbie can communicate with the User as may be required.
- Customer support: If a User contacts Showbie with support questions, Showbie may collect information about the User’s account to provide customer support.
- Newsletters and promotional emails (optional): Showbie will collect names and email address of Users who wish to subscribe to Quiz Shop news and updates.
- Content submissions: Showbie will collect names, email address, and other information that may be reasonably required to allow a User to submit content to the Service.
Showbie only collects limited Personal Information from the individual that has accessed the Products from Quiz Shop, which may be administrative personnel at the school board, educational institution, school, teachers or other organization. Showbie does not collect any Personal Information from students who use Quiz Shop content.
- Information Use & Sharing
Showbie may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Products and Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Products and Service;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Products and Service; and
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- Dispute Resolution
In the event you have a question, complaint or dispute regarding your personal information or our personal information handling practices, contact us at the email address as displayed in the “Contact Us” section of our website.
- Retention of Data
Showbie will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
“Usage Data” for the purpose of this section is defined as data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Service’s infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred and maintained on servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada or the United States and choose to provide information to us, note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to Canada or the United States and process it there.
- Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially-acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your Rights
Showbie aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- To rectify any Personal Information held about you that is inaccurate;
- To request the deletion of Personal Information held about you;
- To limit further processing, disclosure or use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to exercise these rights contact us using the contact details set out below.
You also have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Showbie. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
We will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Showbie generally processes Personal Information with consent of end users who use the Quiz Shop.
Individuals located in the EEA have certain rights under European law (including under the General Data Protection Regulation) with respect to Personal Information, including the right to request access to, obtain, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. Individuals who wish to exercise these rights, should contact Showbie using the contact information below in.
From time to time, we will make changes to this Policy in accordance with changes to our company or legislation. Use of Personal Information we collect is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such information is collected, used or disclosed. If we make material changes or changes in the way we use Personal Information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our website or by sending you an email prior to the change becoming effective. You are bound by any changes to the Policy when you use the Services after such changes have been first posted. In addition, we will ensure we visit our policy for any revisions annually or on as needed basis.
- Contact Us
#403, 10113 104 Street NW,
Last updated: February 13, 2020